South Gippsland Hospital receives government funding for the basic running of the health service, however we provide a wide range of services that are either not funded or only partially funded. These activities are funded by generous community support. There are several ways in which you can support the South Gippsland Hospital through a generous donation or gift.
The Murray to Moyne Cylcing Event raises funds for health services across Victoria. For the past seven years the hospital has entered a Team to raise funds for various projects and equipment. In recent years the team has raised thousands of dollars for the patient lounge/recovery area upgrade and stage 1 of a mobility garden. The SGH Team, the ‘Moovers’ are set to ride again this year so please support them.
As the end of the financial year approaches, please consider making a tax deductible donation to our work. Your gift is really important because it offers immediate resources that we can direct to the growing needs and services at the hospital. A donation, made through our End of Financial Year Appeal, can be allocated across a range of in-patient and community health needs and services and helps to make our community healthier.
General Hospital Fund
Funds donated directly to the hospital public fund will be used directly to purchase equipment and resources to assist in meeting our goal of providing the best possible health care services for our community.
Losing a loved one is one of the hardest things you may ever have to face. But during a time of sadness, finding a way to honour the memory of your loved one can be of some comfort. It can also be a comfort for many family members and friends to know donations given in memory of a loved one will help others.
If you are considering ways in which to give in memory, you may wish to ask for donations to be given to South Gippsland Hospital instead of funeral flowers. We can supply either you or your Funeral Director with donations envelopes for people attending the service. Please call 5683 9777.
If you would like to make a direct gift in memory you can:
Leaving a Bequest
There are two ways to leave a bequest to the Hospital:
Directly to the South Gippsland Hospital to be applied to a range of prioritised needs such equipment, facilities, specialised training and community health services specifically needed in our region or to the South Gippsland Hospital Community Foundation
If you are planning to remember South Gippsland Hospital in your Will we strongly recommend that you discuss it with your solicitor to ensure your wishes are met. There are many ways to leave a gift in your Will, the most common are:
- A percentage: This allows you to ensure your loved ones are looked after as well as giving a gift to the Hospital. This is often regarded as the most flexible way to leave a bequest; as you don’t have to keep altering your Will to adjust the value of your gift to account for inflation, or changes to your circumstances.
- A specific sum: Leaving a fixed amount of money from your estate. It’s important to know this does not allow for changes in your circumstances or inflation and may need to be changed over time.
- The Residue: The Residue is a gift of ultimately whatever remains in your estate after your loved ones have been taken care of.
- Whole estate: In this instance, a person might bequest their entire estate to South Gippsland Hospital.
- Other types of bequest: Gifts such as shares, paintings, a life-insurance policy or property can also be left to the Hospital.
The South Gippsland Hospital Community Foundation
Funds donated, gifted or bequeathed to the Hospital Community Foundation will be accumulated in an investment fund to provide ongoing support for the hospital. These funds will remain as a legacy for the Corner Inlet community with the aim of ensuring ongoing support is provided for health services in the area.
Learn more and donate to the South Gippsland Hospital Community Foundation